Jun 07 2011

How long does nicotine stay in your system?

Category: Health & Beauty

Answer:

Nicotine will often remain in your body/system after your last dose. The length of time will ultimately depend on a number of factors including: the quantity of nicotine ingested, the number of years an individual has used nicotine, the type of nicotine test (blood, urine, hair), and the person. Different people metabolize nicotine at different rates. Close to 80% of all the nicotine you consume is almost immediately metabolized by your body. The remaining 20% is slowly broken down by the liver and sent out through the kidneys in about 6-8 hours. For individuals that have used nicotine for a number of years, there are reports of traces of nicotine being found in fat cells.


Tags: ,


 

 

Challenge this Answer and/or Discuss